Friday 19 August 2011

Fun weekend

Looking forward to a fun weekend, with lots of social activities planned, to make best use of these dog-days of summer.  Saturday evening will be a gathering with friends in The Beaches, and then on Sunday afternoon, I'm heading to Cabbagetown, for a little party since the Diva is in town - hopefully the weather will hold up, since I've heard the backyard of the hosts is quite lovely.  And then on Monday, the Diva will be staying at my place, and we'll have some folks over for dinner, and better yet, I'll get a chance to play some piano duets with her, and do some planning on our repertoire for Tuscany 2012.  The Dvorak Slavonic Dances are on the list, and I'm very excited to have the chance to sight-read our way through them....take a look at the wonderful video attached, and especially what goes on with their hands starting around 2:45, to see why I'm so excited.  Back in the late 19th century, when these pieces were first published, this must have offered a tantalizing opportunity for some very intimate contact between young lovers, whose chaperones would otherwise have forbidden such close physical proximity!

But first, before all that fun.....I have a guest room to clean and piles of laundry to get through!  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment